Basic Narcotics Investigation
Course Description: The course covers drug-in-field training, undercover surveillance, and counter surveillance, as well as how to properly investigate, document, and make arrests for drug violations.
This course is designed to enhance the effectiveness of the individual criminal investigators skills in performing the multi-disciplined, multi level tasks necessary to successfully conduct comprehensive major drug investigations. Instruction in this course is provided through a coordinated, experience-based adult learning approach which addresses:
- Search and seizure issues relating to major drug investigations
- Search warrant / subpoena preparation, technology search warrants, social media in drug investigations
- Surveillance techniques, de-confliction methods and programs
- Case reporting, informant management, major drug trafficking, courtroom testimony.
- Incorporate relevant local geographic area narcotics, gang, law, crime, influences.
Course Length: 5 Days / 40 Hours